A “Personalized Education Plan” (PEP) is provided at Parent/Teacher Conferences in November to parents of children participating in programs assisted with Title I funds. Additional information can be provided by contacting Mrs. Michelle Ploss at 866-2230, ext. 1001.
- President—Fran Peruzzi
- Vice-President— Justine Hutchinson
- Secretary—Aimee Mergenthaler-Crane
- Treasurer—Krista Murphy
About the PTA
The Herkimer Elementary School Parent Teacher Association is an active collaboration of parents and teachers who work to promote the welfare of children at home, school, and in the community. Its aim is to bring about a closer relationship between the home and school, as well as to act as a support group for many school activities. It operates under a set of bylaws that is regularly reviewed and adopted by the membership according to PTA guidelines.
The PTA works to make the educational experiences of your youth full and rewarding. This is accomplished in three ways:
- PTA offers a forum for the discussion of educational concerns, keeping the lines of communication open as parents and teachers work toward common goals.
- PTA offers information sharing through guest speakers. Speakers are invited based on the membership’s interests and current issues facing the school community.
- PTA provides for a variety of activities that enrich the lives of our/your children. PTA sponsors school assemblies, Pick A Reading Partner (PARP), Staff Appreciation Day, field day, and fifth grade graduation. PTA also works to improve the quality of the educational experience through fund-raising activities such as the Spring Carnival.
HES PTA meetings are held monthly, as announced in the school newsletter and on the school webpage. Membership is encouraged and highly recommended and is open to all parents/guardians, grandparents, teachers, and staff of HES students. You may join the PTA at Open House or by attending any one of the PTA’s monthly meetings. Annual membership costs $5.