The Herkimer High School Class of 2021 graduation ceremony will be held at the Herkimer Elementary School Athletic Stadium on Friday, June 25 at 6 PM, with a rain date of Saturday, June 26 at noon. There will be no limit on the number of guests each graduate may invite, however, we do ask that unvaccinated guests wear face coverings. The stadium is handicapped accessible, and we will offer golf cart transport between both parking lots and the stands. Gates to the field will open at 5:15 PM.
Thanks to the support of Herkimer College, we will also live stream the event. The link will be accessible on our district website www.herkimercsd.org on the day of the ceremony.
After the ceremony, we will have our senior cavalcade into and through the Village, escorted by the Herkimer Police Department. Please encourage your family and friends to come out and congratulate our seniors for their extraordinary accomplishments during this extraordinary year. We expect this to begin from Herkimer Elementary School at about 7:30 PM, immediately following graduation. The route will be posted to our district website next week. Participating seniors must be driven by a responsible adult and abide by safety protocols. The parking lot immediately in front of the school’s main entrance will be reserved for cars participating in the cavalcade.
- Graduation rehearsal is at the Herkimer Elementary School stadium on Friday, June 25, 8:45 – 10:15 AM. Dress for the weather, we will rehearse rain or shine.
– Wear/bring your graduation gown. We will take a class photo and walk through the elementary school one last time.
– You must return any and all school property at that time.
- Do you need a ride? We can provide transportation to rehearsal, to the ceremony, and or in the cavalcade, but you MUST call the main office no later than 3 PM on Wednesday, June 23, at 315.866.2230 to reserve your ride and get details.
- If you would like to purchase a yearbook, we do have a limited quantity left. You must contact Mr. Orilio at email@example.com for more information.
- Graduates must meet in the HES cafetorium, at 5:30 PM on Friday, June 25, to line up for graduation.
If you have not yet seen the HHS Class of 2021 banners, they were hung on German Street, from Route 28 to the school, by our local Department of Public Works. Be sure to drive in both directions to see them all! Thank you to the community who made donations to fund the project, and Mr. Orilio, Mrs. Voce, and Mr. Critser for all of their efforts to make this happen again this year.
A big thank you to all of the parents who donated to the Class of 2021 senior weekend. The prizes and food were greatly appreciated! Special thanks to Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Scalise, Mrs. Jones, and Miss Bello who donated their weekend so that the senior class could finally be together and have a fun and safe time.