The Business Office at Herkimer CSD is responsible for oversight and management of district finances that are needed to support the educational mission.
Herkimer Central School District residents approved a $24,210,000 budget proposal in May 2019.
The proposal for 2019-20 reduces overall spending by 3.9% and carries a tax levy increase of 2.26% (less than the district’s tax levy limit of 2.3%).
2019-20 budget priorities:
- Maintain existing programs and services for K-12 students
- Expand access to agriculture, computer science and business classes at Herkimer Jr./Sr. High School
- Open up Herkimer Jr./Sr. High School swimming pool for public use
- Increase mental health services (add one mental health professional staff position)
2019-20 Budget Highlights
- Budget total: $24,2100,000
- State aid total: $13,874,000
- Local tax levy: $9,045,000
- Tax levy increase: 2.26%
- Tax levy limit: 2.3%
Three-part breakdown: 2019-20 Budget
- Program Budget 2019-20: $17,699,000
(73% of total; 2.8% increase over previous year)
The Program Budget includes: the salaries and benefits of all teachers, guidance counselors, aides, monitors, psychologists, nurses, social workers and speech therapists.
- Capital Budget 2019-20: $4,231,000
(23% of total; -26.4% decrease over previous year)
The Capital Budget includes: debt service on buildings; bus purchases; tax certiorari and court-ordered costs; and operations and maintenance costs including custodial staff.
- Administrative Budget 2019-20: $2,280,000
(9% of total; 2.4% increase over previous year)
The Administrative Budget includes: the salaries and benefits of all professional members who spend 50 percent or more of their time in administration and supervision. Also included are: clerical staff; public information; curriculum development and supervision; research, planning and evaluation; legal services; and school board-related costs.
- Budget total: $25,190,000
- State aid total: $15,121,000
- Local tax levy: $8,845,000
- Tax levy increase: 3.94%
- Tax levy limit: 4.03%
Three-part breakdown: 2018-19 Adopted Budget
- Program Budget 2018-19: $17,212,000 (68% of total)
- Capital Budget 2018-19: $5,752,000 (23% of total)
- Administrative Budget 2018-19: $2,226,000 (9% of total)
More details are in the Line-Item Budget, under “More Information”