Allergen information for menu items is available. If you have a food allergy, please notify the Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES Food Service program. Contact School Food Service Director/Registered Dietitian Kate Dorr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-738-0848.
The details of the food allergen notice for staff are also included below:
If a Customer Says They Have a Food Allergy
- Take it seriously. Allergic reactions can be life-threatening.
- Be ready to discuss ingredients and food preparation with the customer.
- Communicate the allergy to the kitchen staff.
- Let the customer know when you are unsure if a menu item contains the food allergen.
- Always let the customer make their own informed decision.
- Keep allergen-containing foods separate from other foods.
- Avoid shortcuts, such as picking nuts out of a salad. Even a tiny amount of an allergen can cause a severe and potentially life-threatening reaction.
- Consider all sources of cross-contact, such as shared surfaces, fryer oils, and cooking splatter.
Before Preparing Allergy-free Foods
- Wash, rinse, and sanitize, or change: utensils, cutting boards, and food-contact surfaces.
- Wash your hands and change gloves.
If a customer has an allergic reaction, call 9-1-1.