The following is the policy for the administration of medication(s) at HCSD:
- Prior to the administering medication (including over-the-counter medication, creams, or lozenges) to any student, the school nurse shall have on file a written, signed authorization from the student’s physician.
- Prior to the administering medication to any student, the school nurse shall have on file the authorization by the student’s parents/guardians.
- All medication shall be stored in a safe and secure fashion to assure that only authorized personnel have access to such medication. Medications shall be delivered directly to the school nurse by the student’s parent/guardian.
- No student shall be permitted to possess medication on school premises without appropriate documentation provided by the child’s physician.
- All medications must be in the originally labeled pharmacy bottle.