The Art Student of the Month for March is Jayden Davis! Jayden is in the ninth grade, and she was chosen as Student of the Month by Mrs. Zorn because of her positive work ethic and her willingness to challenge herself both creatively and in her art-making skills. Jayden always uses her class time well, and when she is caught up on assigned projects, she often practices drawing techniques in her sketchbook and on her iPad. Over the past six months, Jayden has grown tremendously as an artist . Below is an interview with Jayden.
1. How does it feel to be Art Student of the Month?
It feels great! I like knowing that other people like my art.
2. What are your favorite art-making materials to work with, or subjects you like to portray?
I like working with Sharpie markers on paper and acrylic paints.
3. Do you have any artworks that you are particularly proud of?
Yes. I am proud of the most recent project, the four-part “Color Theory Painting.”
4. Where do you find inspiration from when you are creating your own artwork?
I find inspiration from holidays or seasons of the year. I also base my art on my emotions.
5. What are your plans after high school? Do you plan on continuing to create art in the future?
I will continue to create art as a hobby, but I am planning to pursue singing after high school.
6. Do you have any advice for your peers about the art-making process?
Be confident in the work you do, and keep going! You’re doing great and everyone starts somewhere!