The Herkimer Central School District educates approximately 1,200 students between grades kindergarten and 12. The district houses two schools: Herkimer Elementary School, located at 255 Gros Boulevard in Herkimer, which serves students in K-6; and Herkimer Junior/Senior High School, located at 801 West German Street in Herkimer, which serves students in grades 7 through 12. All district activities, programs, and goals are funded by an annual budget of roughly $22 million.
The mission of the Herkimer Central School District is to successfully carry out the educational tenets of our philosophy by providing:
- An atmosphere conducive to learning which is at once both challenging and secure.
- A variety of curricular opportunities in an organized structured manner.
- Information, role models, and opportunities for appropriate decision-making.
- A diversified program which offers curricular and extracurricular activities and encourages productive use of leisure time.
- An educationally sound system of evaluation and assessment.
- To secure this mission of the district is committed to use, support and enhance the professional expertise of all staff.
Statement of Nondiscrimination
The Herkimer Central School District provides education programs and services, does business with vendors and the public, provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated groups, and makes decisions regarding employment without consideration of an individual’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin (regardless of English language skills), age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, arrest record, prior criminal convictions, or domestic violence victim status; except when sex or age are a bona fide occupational qualification, when a criminal conviction is related to job duties, or when an individual’s religion or disability warrants reasonable accommodation.