The Herkimer Central School District educates approximately 1,200 students between grades kindergarten and 12. The district houses two schools: Herkimer Elementary School, located at 255 Gros Boulevard in Herkimer, which serves students in K-6; and Herkimer Junior/Senior High School, located at 801 West German Street in Herkimer, which serves students in grades 7 through 12. All district activities, programs, and goals are funded by an annual budget of roughly $22 million.
The mission of the Herkimer Central School District is to successfully carry out the educational tenets of our philosophy by providing:
- An atmosphere conducive to learning which is at once both challenging and secure.
- A variety of curricular opportunities in an organized structured manner.
- Information, role models, and opportunities for appropriate decision-making.
- A diversified program which offers curricular and extracurricular activities and encourages productive use of leisure time.
- An educationally sound system of evaluation and assessment.
- To secure this mission of the district is committed to use, support and enhance the professional expertise of all staff.