The Herkimer Central School District is joining all public school districts across the state to celebrate Oct. 19-23 as School Board Recognition Week to honor local board members for their commitment to our students and community.
The New York State School Boards Association’s School Board Recognition Week is a time to highlight the important work performed by school board members.
Superintendent Robert J. Miller said the key work of school boards is to raise student achievement by:
- Creating a shared vision for the future of education
- Setting the direction of the school district to achieve the highest student performance
- Providing accountability for student achievement results
- Developing a budget that aligns district resources to improve achievement
- Supporting a healthy school district culture in which to work and to learn
- And much more!
“Our school board members serve as the voice of our community, and we appreciate their service to their local school district,” Miller said.
The members serving our district and their years of service are as follows:
- Brian Crandall, President, board member since 2015
- Diann Fischer, board member since 2011
- Michele Gilbert, Vice President, board member since 2015
- Brandee Bray, board member since 2019
- Richard Lewis Jr., board member since 2019
- Robert Mihevc, board member since 1997
- Scott Petucci, board member since 2017