The Art Student of the Month for October is Kaithlyn Merette! Kaithlyn is an 11th grader who was chosen as Student of the Month by Mrs. Leah Zorn because of her positive attitude and willingness to challenge herself creatively. She continuously practices her art-making skills, and it is evidenced by her exemplary body of artwork. Below is an interview with Kaithlyn, and check out some of her artwork at the bottom of this page.
1. How does it feel to be Art Student of the Month?
It is an honor to have been chosen as Art Student of the Month. It brings me joy to see my art displayed in Mrs. Zorn’s classroom.
2. What are your favorite art-making materials to work with?
My favorite art-making materials to work with are colored pencils and acrylic paint.
3. Do you have any artworks that you are particularly proud of?
The two artworks I am particularly proud of are my animal eye colored pencil drawing and the graphite grid method drawing of the shoes.
4. Where do you find inspiration from when you are creating your own artwork?
Most of my inspiration comes from music. Music helps me concentrate and look at my art in different ways.
5. What are your plans after high school? Do you plan on continuing to create art in the future?
I plan on going into the medical field as an ultrasound tech. However, I will be continuing to create art in the future, as it is something I generally enjoy doing.
6. Do you have any advice for your peers about the art-making process?
The best advice I could ever give to anyone about the art-making process is to not see it as a chore or task you are forced to do. Take your time, analyze your art, gather inspiration and paint your heart out!